Tuesday, May 17, 2011

6 Week Check-Up

My 6 Wk Post-Op appointment went well and all signs pointed toward me not having to visit the Cardiologist again for another year...or better yet, until I am 80.  I was thrilled to hear that the SVT path had been completely ablated.  However, the day after my appointment I had a 5 second long SVT.  My morale plummeted with the thought that my heart was still capable of going into those bouts.  I called my doctor who said that it really is something he hears a lot throughout the healing process after an SVT ablation.  The short rev of my heart could have been my heart trying to go into an SVT, without being successful.  Like a match being struck, but not lighting.  It also could mean that during the ablation he destroyed the circuits which create the long SVT's, and that I simply will have to live with the short ones (which I am totally fine with).  He did order me another 2 week heart monitor to wear starting today just in case.  I am feeling good and back to full exercising and activity, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment