Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trapped in the Asylum all week without a day pass...Aka...Snow, Ice, Rain, Snow

Three weeks ago I reached a breaking point with Josh and his willful, tantrum behavior.  As soon as Seth got home that day I went to the library looking for something... anything, that could help me gain some insight into what his needs are at this time.  I also sent an S.O.S. e-mail to people I knew raised strong-willed children.  I got some amazing advice and have been feeling the benefit of reaching out for help ever since.    


Last week Josh had almost no tantrums!    During the stormy weather we played with everything in the house and had so much fun.
We made forts,




Locked closets with scallions (doesn't that go without saying?)

And, took pictures of Eve.

Then our awesome neighbor, Hank, plowed us out.  One of the blessings of living here is our neighbors and  how even though we are not in close proximity to them (probably because of that reason) they are always looking out for one another.  
Thanks Hank.  You're a stand up guy, especially when sitting on your John Deere.

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome mom! I'm so glad you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete