Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This Thursday I will be having an ablation done on my heart to stop the SVT's, or super ventriculair tachychardia from happening.  I am really excited to have the procedure behind me so I can not have my heart race uncontrollably anymore.  Since 2008 I have had episodes where my heart will go up to excess of 280 beats per minute, always associated with some type of activity.  For several years, I thought it must be anxiety, even though I never felt "anxious" on the onset of one.  Or, when I had them while I was pregnant, the docs attributed it to the pregnancy. This month I finally decided to go back to the cardiologist who said we had to catch one on a heart monitor or else they could not treat it.  So, I left the office with a heart monitor for 30 days.  Last week I had a major episode and I recorded it on the monitor, and exactly one week after recording that episode I am having an ablation which will burn out cells in my heart that are responsible for the excess heart rate.  Originally they told me there would be a wait list of at least 2 months to get the procedure.  However, a spot just "happened" to open up this Thursday!  Thank you to everyone who is helping me with childcare and meals and prayers that all will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment